Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cologne


Not the place. The substance. It can be a fantastic thing. Eau de man; the Irish shower. Keeping you smelling fresh, masculine, alluring, pungent, and down right tangy. It has its place.

That place is not work.

Women need also take note. When navigating your bread winning day of productive social pandering, of pretend grindstone sniffing, of breaking rocks, striking keys, and collating copies, it is not necessary to douse yourself in even two sprays of any substance that could potentially eviscerate the mucus membranes of a small percentage of humanity. I'd like to point out that this percentage is larger than those who have peanut allergies. It's true, I'm quoting a non-scientific study here, and I am thoroughly pro-peanut.

I ask, I implore, nay, I beg of you: if you do use cologne or perfume, one sprit, one shake, one pat of pungent Old Spice aftershave. One sensual drop of Chanel numero sinko. One single smear of budget minded Brut-ish masculinity. One faint mist of Tommy, but for the love of all that is olfactory, please keep it at that.


3 comments:

Lis said...

Here here! I'll sign this petition.

I literally gave up a seat on the metro during rush hour because the woman beside me was so pungent I couldn't breathe. At first I didn't want to get up because I didn't want to be rude, but turning your face to the aisle taking a gulp of air, turning your face back and holding your breath might be just as rude. So I got up.

Down with overuse of scent!

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff said...

Scott! Glad you found my blog, good sir. How have you been? I didn't realize that was you until I posted a comment like, "uh where do you work la la la" and then saw you on the bike and promptly deleted my that-guy comment.

And, yes, an overindulgence in scent is GROSS.